Saturday, April 4, 2015

Her fingernail polish - scene 5





A Rap Opera or Hip Hopera 

Story Script scene-by-scene

_____________________________  by Odysseus Heavilayias



                    Scene Number 5
  
Odysseus:  Her red fingernail polish, (what a color !)
                      was the reason to spend my last dollar...

                      Buying a very expensive ticket,
                      and wearing only a sweater tricot,
                      I boarded a Boeing,
                      without really knowing
                      if it was necessary to make this journey.

                      The girl's name was Emie,
                      and my idea was completely stupid.
                      Obviously I needed the help of Cupid...
                      I begged him to shoot an arrow for me...
                      Cupid said, ''why and who was she?''

                      I answered, ''I don’t know,
                      but two days ago
                      I saw her in my sleep,
                      and then a sense... deep...                      

                      was overran me...
                                      ..overcame me,                      
                      and now I see,                     
                      that dream alive.''

                     "Just count to five..", 

                      Cupid said, and forget.. 
                            ..her red fingernail color,

                      then try to discolor
                      the whole scene…"

                      All of this between
                      the two shores of Atlantic,
                      on a trip through, gigantic.

  After a few hours,
 holding a bunch of flowers,
 the driver of a yellow cab,
 takes me to a club.                                 
 I had the wrong address.
 I'm unlucky, I confess.
 Seems she is out of my reach,

 I slept then on the beach.

 Early in the morning I got the bus,
 without even cleaning my teeth with a brush,
 holding a bottle of wine, Bordeaux,
 a gift for her, although,
 I was not at all sure,
 if I will see her on this tour.

 Maybe she was on a plane,
 and I was looking in vain
 in Ann Arbor and all over.

 I rented a muscle Land Rover
 and I drove to "Jason" street,
 but as I was a foreigner, a Greek,
 the neighbors couldn't understand....

  Fortunately at the road’s end,
  luck smiled on the Greek…
  Someone said:

  "Τhe clean freak,
   has moved into the city,
   I remember her, she was pretty."
                          
                                                to be continued ...


* Editor Odysseus Heavilayias,
Language adjustments and text adaptation Kellene G Safis,
Digital adaptation and text editing Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga

______________________________________________________


  the foreigner  

No comments:

Post a Comment